Rob’s Recipe for Perfect Pancakes!
01 Mar 22
It’s Shrove Tuesday, otherwise known as Pancake Day, so we asked Chef Rob to share with us his favourite pancake recipe so that you can make them at home!
‘Perfect Shrove Tuesday Pancakes’
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 100g Plain Flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 medium eggs
Optional ingredients for topping:
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Icing sugar
- Mix flour & salt in a bowl until well combined (make sure to sieve your flour into the bowl to prevent lumps later).
- Once combined, make a well in the centre, add your eggs and gradually add milk and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan.
- Add your batter to the pan using a ladle, and tilt the pan to make sure the batter is spread evenly.
- Leave undisturbed to cook for approximately 30 seconds (may take a further 10-15 seconds depending on the heat of your pan). Then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Once cooked, top the pancakes with syrup, blueberries and icing sugar (or the topping of your choice) and enjoy!
Don’t make your pan too hot – medium heat is perfect for these kinds of pancakes as you don’t want them to stick to the pan!