COVID-19 SAFETY STATEMENT
The safety of our employees, supplier partners, customers, families and visitors remain Middleby UK’s overriding priority as the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak continues to evolve and spreads globally.
Middleby UK are monitoring the situation closely and will periodically update company guidance based on current recommendations from the UK Government and the World Health Organisation. Only business critical visitors are permitted on site at this time, after being approved by Senior Management.
5 steps to working safely – What we have done
1. COVID-19 risk assessment
Our Risk Assessment has been carried out and we are currently actioning a range of precautionary extra control measures to ensure we are encouraging a safe working environment, setting the right example to our employees and Customers and trying to achieve (as far as reasonably practicable) business as normal.
2. Develop cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures
We have put into place the follow control measures
- encouraged the increase in frequency of handwashing and surface cleaning whilst on our premises.
- encouraged people to follow the guidance on hand washing and hygiene.
- provided hand sanitiser around the workplace, in addition to washrooms.
- increased the frequency of our cleaning team on site, encourage disinfecting objects and surfaces that are touched regularly.
- enhanced cleaning for busy areas.
- set clear instruction and cleaning guidance for handwashing
- provided hand drying facilities – either paper towels or electrical dryers at all hand wash areas.
3. Help people to work from home
We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home by:
- discussing home working arrangements
- ensuring they have the right equipment, for example remote access to work systems
- including them in all necessary communications
- looking after their physical and mental wellbeing
4. Maintain 2m social distancing, where possible
Where possible, you should maintain 2m between people by:
- putting up signs to remind workers and visitors of social distancing guidance
- avoiding sharing workstations
- using floor tape, floor signs or paint to mark areas to help people keep to a 2m distance
- where applicable arranging one-way traffic through the workplace if possible
- switching to seeing visitors via zoom etc. with appointments by exception
5. Where people cannot be 2m apart, managed transmission risk
Where it’s not possible for people to be 2m apart, we have made available everything practical to manage the transmission risk by:
- considering whether an activity needs to continue for the business to operate
- keeping the activity time involved as short as possible
- using screens or barriers to separate people from each other
- using back-to-back or side-to-side working whenever possible
- staggering arrival and departure times
- reducing the number of people each person has contact with by using ‘fixed teams or partnering’
- Made available all the Government approved PPE upon request.
If you are observed not following our guidance or one of our employee’s feels that you are not doing enough to protect yourself or others, you will be asked politely to leave Site.
If you are planning on visiting us at Middleby UK, you are required to fill out our COVID-19 visitor form which you can download here and bring with you on the day.